Transparent Data Encryption enables you to encrypt data. Typically, you encrypt sensitive data, such as credit card numbers or Social Security numbers. Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) enables you to encrypt sensitive data that you store in tables and tablespaces.
After the data is encrypted, this data is transparently decrypted for authorized users or applications when they access this data. TDE helps protect data stored on media (also called data at rest) in the event that the storage media or data file is stolen.
This example provide a step by step guide on how to implement TDE in tablespace level.
2. Change directory of TNS files.
3. Copy the files to the above location
4. Change the environment variable of the database .bash_profile and add
5. Add the below entry top sqlnet.ora
6. With user sys as sysdba create the keys-tore
7.1 To manually open wallet
7.2 To manually close wallet
9. Check if Wallet is backup